REVIEW: Beachbody's Performance Energize


REVIEW: Beachbody's Performance Energize

            Hello friends and welcome back to On Your Mark's "An Unexpected Journey" blog! Raven here, and today I'm going to share with you my thoughts on Beachbody's Performance Energize. Energize is Beachbody's Performance line pre-workout. It currently only comes in lemon flavor, and you can get it in single packets or a tub of the stuff. I won mine from my amazing coach, and if you want to win prizes and have someone guiding you along your fitness journey, a coach is definitely a precious gem in the fitness community.  But I digress. The directions indicate you should drink Energize within 20 minutes of working out, so I drank mine and then relaxed for approximately five minutes before beginning my workout.


            The initial thought I had upon mixing it up, is that it closely resembles Hydrate when mixed. I made sure to mix it together with a spoon, which I failed to do with the Hydrate the first round. I combined the packet together with the recommended 8 oz of water, and drank it down quickly. Pre-workout isn't something we sip, folks. It's a get it in ya and get the work out on type situation. So commence the performance!


            I am on a 21 Day Fix kick, so I chose to use energize during Cardio (friday's fix), as it is one of my least favorite workouts to do during 21 day fix and has some of the harder exercises for me (burpees and mountain climbers, for example). I have to say I definitely felt that my performance level was increased during the workout as compared with normal, but I did feel a little bit jittery. It wasn't jittery like what a red bull or monster would do to me, but I just felt a little wired from it. That said, the performance increase especially for certain workouts in certain programs (I'm thinking MMA Dynamic Strength from Core de Force, if ya know what I'm sayin') was a big plus and I'll probably be purchasing a large tub of the stuff in the near future.


            I can certainly see how a pre-workout enhances performance and can thusly in turn increase results, I had never experienced another prior to Energize so I really have no comparison to provide beyond this sole experience. That said, this experience has definitely led me to believe that I could enjoy using a pre-workout from time to time to increase my performance level and give me the edge to push through the really grueling sessions. Have you ever tried a pre-workout? Which one did you try, and why? Did you like it? Comment below, I'd love to hear from you!

Comments

Popular Posts