April Full Moon: The Hare/Pink Moon

Hello my friends and Hoppy Easter to those who celebrate! Today is a day of family and spiritual observation for many of us, whether we are of the Christian/Catholic faith or not. For me, this entire weekend has been a bit of a celebration due to the April full pink/hare moon. The full moons are always observed in my house, and often it's through cleansing myself and my crystals, smudging all stagnant energy out of my space, charging my crystals under the moon, and any ritual work I might desire to perform or prayers I wish to send to Source.
Because of my never-ending desire to better know the Goddess, I have been working toward capturing photos of the full moon each month. I thought I'd start sharing some of these experiences here on my blog, and tell you all what each moon means both to me as well as to the Wiccan/pagan community. Every month, the moon has a nickname which goes along with the types of energies present in Her and in everything during this moon each year. This month we enjoyed a full Hare or Pink moon.
The Hare moon is representative of fertility and new beginnings or fresh starts. The grass and trees are starting to become very green, flowers bloom and all of nature bursts forth rigorously. All the creatures of Gaia are busy and happy during this moon. And that includes us! During this moon we feel the urge to grow and thrive as well - both spiritually and physically. Romance is also in the air, as fertility obviously also represents the mating and reproduction of all of nature. This fertile energy presents a good time for magic related to increasing one's physical health, renewed energy, and removal of obstacles that keep us from reaching goals. It also is the perfect time of year for any magic related to fae, magical gardening, and romantic or heart healing type workings may also be favored.

The other nickname of the April full moon, the Pink moon, does not refer to the hue of the moon itself, but instead to the types of flowers that pop up early - specifically moss pink or wild ground phlox. This is less about metaphysical or magical aspects of Her but has a more farmer's almanac type of history, but nonetheless the name intrigued me so much I had to create a shot of Her with a pinkish hue:


I'm still quite new to lunar/astro photography, and am still learning so every time I go out and attempt to capture Her it's quite a learning experience. This one was no different. I was trying to capture what I thought would wind up being a typical tree-in-front-of-the-moon image, but I managed to capture something much more inspiring looking!


I captured several shots like this and will have prints for sale available as well! I think these are so cool, especially knowing that the only light shining in these images is the moon, behind a tree. It is a unique way to showcase the moon on your walls and makes you think about its mysteries in an entirely different way. Drop a comment below and let me know what you think, and if you did any ritual work during this full moon! Blessed be and may all your dreams manifest in beautiful and abundant ways )O(

Comments