Mini Vegetable Egg Cups a la Raven


Mini Vegetable Egg Cups a la Raven

(21 Day Fix and 21DFX Approved)

***Disclaimer: This is a recipe I tweaked from the original which I retrieved from 21DFX Eating Plan. All credit to original recipe goes to Beachbody and Autumn Calabrese. 

            Hey Gang! Raven the Kitchen Witch here, and today I'm going to share a recipe that many of you have asked about because I post them on my feed a lot.  I eat them for breakfast nearly every single day! They're called "Mini Vegetable Egg Cups (a la Raven) and they are basically a small sized breakfast casserole or soufflĂ©.



I use a six cup muffin tray for mine, because I feel like they only keep well in the fridge for about 3 days, so I prep 3 servings, 2x a week. One six cup muffin tray lightly greased/sprayed with coconut oil.



6 eggs

1/2 5 oz bag of spinach

1/2 package of baby portabellas

4 green onions

1/2 red pepper (can go with green, this is really for looks to go red and I do not consider there to be much of a flavor difference - and the reds usually cost more)

1 tablespoon of feta cheese per 2 cups

sea salt/Himalayan (pink) salt and pepper to taste



Heat oven to 375, whisk eggs together with salt and pepper. Finely chop the spinach (I usually remove the tails first), portabellas, onions, and pepper, and whisk into eggs. I usually add my feta measured into each cup, approx 1 tbsp of feta per 2 cups. Bake in the oven for around 21 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. My container count for two cups is 1 red, 1 green, 1/2 blue. I have also added turkey sausage, ham, and other things to them (this is why I like them, you can sort of make them however you wish). And if you like spicy, salsa or Tabasco sauce is a great side to dip or drizzle on.  Please comment below with your favorite tweaks to the recipe, let me know if you've tried it "Raven Style" and what you thought! Shine on ~

Comments

Popular Posts