Nurturing the Spirit Part V: Vishuddha Chakra Meditation


Nurturing the Spirit Part V: Vishuddha Chakra Meditation

            Hello again gang, and welcome to our fifth discussion on chakra meditation. This discussion will focus on aligning the Throat chakra, known as Vishuddha. This is the 5th main energy center of the body when working with the traditional 7 energy centers, and is located as you may have guessed - in the throat area of the body. When this chakra is properly balanced, our communication is effective and clear. We are able to speak our  minds with grace and clarity, and our words are powerful vessels of the way in which we are guided by Source.

<image retrieved from: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU1Y4e9RDX8 by Nu Meditation  Music>

              If our throat chakra is off balance or closed, we may experience introversion, timidity, lack of control over one's words/speech, inability to hear others, not being able to keep secrets, telling lies. Eating disorders (both over and under eating) and thyroid problems may manifest in those with an imbalanced throat chakra. Those people in our lives that seem to have 'no filter,' more than likely also have an overactive throat chakra. This is one of the chakras that is hard to keep balanced, as it is a smaller area of the body and often thought of as a 'bottleneck' area for energy flow. It is important to always actively work to keep it aligned and flowing freely so that we communicate effectively with those around us (both verbally and non verbally).

<image created by:  Baruska A Michalcikova>

            As with the others, this chakra can be balanced in various ways. The color associated with the fifth chakra is blue, so focusing on the color blue or surrounding yourself with the color during yoga/meditation will help you align with the energy center you are working with. If you do practice yoga and wish to physically manifest the balancing of the throat chakra, poses one can utilize include: cat/cow with lions breath, fish pose (matsyasana), plow pose (halasana), or cobra pose (bhujangasana). During meditation or yoga practice, diffuse frankincense, geranium, jasmine, sage, peppermint, eucalyptus, clove, tea tree, or lavender oil/incense.



             As always, there are various crystals that one can work with that will help align this chakra. For throat chakra, reach for crystals such as blue lace agate, apatite, aquamarine, sodalite, lapis lazuli, azurite, tanzanite, or larimar (to name a few). Typically to help align you could sit quietly with one of these crystals in your receptive hand (the hand you do NOT write with), or place the crystal directly on the chakra during meditation - but one can also make a crystal grid, medicine bag, or place on altar to help balance the throat chakra as well. Once done with the work, dont forget to cleanse your stones to dispel any fragmented energies the stone may have grabbed during your energetic alignment, and to prepare the crystal for additional metaphysical work.



               The meditation: As we did with our previous meditations, sit in a cross legged position or lie on your back. You are also obviously welcome to ease into any of the yoga poses that help to unblock this chakra. Begin with deep breaths. In through the nose, out through the mouth. Sighing is OK and natural as you relax into the meditation. If lying or sitting, tense each part of your body, from your jaw to your toes, one at a time, and then relax. Feel your whole body relax.

            Once relaxed, begin the affirmations. For the throat chakra, we will affirm:

I hear and speak the truth.
I speak my truth clearly.
Creativity flows in and through me.
I am expressing myself with clear intent.
I express my love and goodness each time I speak.
I listen to my body and my feelings to know what my truth is.
I trust others.
My intent is always clear and noble when I speak.
My voice is clear and powerful.
I feel compassion towards others.
I do not engage in gossips and criticism.
I am grounded.
I am pure awareness.
I have access to my higher self for guidance and support.
I am open to receiving  messages from my angels.
I am peaceful.
I don't interrupt others when they speak.
I'm confident about myself.
I'm a great listener.

I live in my truth, I communicate my truth, I am the truth.


                     Personally, I find it easier to focus on one or two of  the mantras at a time, and work on meditating on each of them over the course of a week. But any chakra can become jarred out of alignment during any given day as well, so just do the work when you feel its necessary and how it best works for you. There is absolutely no 'incorrect' way to align your energetic centers. If you find you are having trouble focusing, gentle acceptance of this and self guidance back to the meditation/affirmations is more than enough. It is like a muscle and will grow easier with practice. I always suggest to start aiming for up to five minutes, and increase the time from there. You may surprise yourself in how meditating and working on balancing your energetic centers manifests amazing transformations in every aspect of your conscious and sub conscious life. If you try this and/or wish to share your own throat chakra meditation techniques, comment below. Blessed be!

Comments

Popular Posts