This Week's Menu

This Week's Menu

Hey gang! Raven here, and many of you guys have been asking me about what you could make for yourselves for meals and what kind of meal prep I do, so today's blog is just going to be a run-down of what I am going to be eating all week. I am not super fantastical and I have no problem eating the same foods a lot, so obviously if you wish to add more variety in you can, but this just gives you a rough idea.  Ok so here it goes:


My Meal Plan:


Breakfast: 2 cage free eggs, scrambled (no milk). Light spray of coconut oil on pan for cooking. 1 whole grain Kashi cinnamon waffle. 1/2 tsp organic Earth Balance buttery spread (is a vegan butter).

Lunch: 1 serving of baked chicken with southwestern seasoning; 1 steamed zucchini; and 2 servings of organic brown rice and quinoa.

Snack: One orange; one serving of organic baby carrots; and 1/2 a serving or 1.5 tbsp hummus; 6 slices of rolled up turkey lunchmeat (nitrate free/low sodium)

Dinner: 1 new york strip steak; 3 cups of garden salad; one serving of homemade Dijon vinaigrette, 1/2 serving of feta cheese (approx a tablespoon)

Snack: Vanilla Shakeology with one cup frozen organic strawberries

Snack: One organic gala apple with 3.5 tablespoons of organic peanut butter



Repeat this menu Mon- Sun, the only change I make to the menu is the choice of meat I have for dinner. So I also have on deck some lean ground turkey that I can make into 'taco meat' for 'taco salad' and I have tilapia that I can have with salad also. I pre-bake the chicken because it is easier that way, and you could pre-cook veggies and obviously make different veggies or switch the salad and the steamed veggies between lunch and dinner for convenience. Instead of zucchini everyday at lunch, sometimes I have summer squash or asparagus. I am also phasing all dairy out of my diet, so the feta will be gone soon and instead I will have a larger serving of hummus in its place. I tried to like avocado but I only really dig it as guac. Finally, the carbs (rice and quinoa) I have at lunch can be subbed for sweet potato, and the morning waffle can absolutely be subbed for oatmeal if you like oatmeal it is better for you than a waffle any day. I just really do not like oatmeal! :)



I have had a LOT of variations of menus so far, but this one I think is going to get me to my goals the quickest.  I'm not quite sure if this is what you guys were looking for as far as a meal plan goes, but this is at least a start. Please let me know how I can narrow it down more for you in future articles, and let me know if you try my meal plan or if you have anything you'd like to add to this one! Shine on~

Comments